Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Fuck Quickbooks and Fuck Intuit!

I used to recommend Intuit Quickbooks to people running small businesses. It has most features anyone might ever need and can integrate (albeit very sloppily) with UPS shipping tools. Yesterday I was suddenly and rudely made aware of a limitation that was coded into Quickbooks Pro 2006 and apparently all other non-enterprise versions that is proof that Intuit is run by a bunch of fucking crooks. It turns out that Quickbooks Pro 2006 has a limit of 14,000 items that can be entered before it stops accepting new transactions and tells you to upgrade. The cost to upgrade? A mere $4500 for a 10 user license plus monthly fees for an upgrade to the "Enterprise" version which has yet another totally arbitrary limit of 29,000 items. I would like to say for the record that this is a totally underhanded and mean-spirited tactic. Businesses spend many thousands of dollars implementing an accounting system, integrating it with their shipping tools, and training users on a Quickbooks-based system. Then, after they've been using it and grown their businesses around Quickbooks, they are shafted with arbitrary limits for which there is no technological basis whatsoever. And just to shut you Intuit apologists up, the limitation is NOT clearly stated in any marketing materials, in fact, most people who by the product have no clue that this limit exists. Here's the Quickbooks Pro 2006 details page for anyone that doubts. Whatever marketing fucktard at Intuit that came up with the idea of adding this utterly unforgivable limitation to the software is a cocksucker who should be severely beaten and then fired. Even worse, they should have their name and address published on slashdot. So anyway, because of this issue, I will never again use ANY Intuit product if I have a choice. Nor will I waste any time writing applications that interface with this shit product via their shit SDK. I will no longer recommend any Intuit products to anyone for any reason. Fuck you Intuit! You have no idea how much you just cost yourselves, but I suspect that by the time my career has run its course I will personally have disuaded dozens of people from using your products and with any luck others will follow suit...and maybe even file a few too.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

quickbooksclassactionlawsuit@gmail.com I'm getting screwed right now because I upgraded to Snow Leopard but its funny as my Quickbooks works fine except that all of a sudden I only have 4 or 5 uses left before it forces me to upgrade and give Intuit $$

7:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah these bastards just notified me that my 2008 version will no longer be able to run credit cards....I must update....what a crock! I'm looking for another software to replace these scammers for good.

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home