Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Something to smile about

I was just talking to my girlfriend the other day about something that apparently reminded me of Bill Cosby. For years, I've occsionally thrown the phrase "I hobope that you are satifibed" into my conversations, as a reference to a Bill Cosby routine I heard many years ago as a 10-13 year old...sometime around 1980-83. I used to love any kind of comedy I could get my hands on and I had a couple of LP records by Bill Cosby and there was a routine about a visit to the dentist that had the line "I hobope that you are satisfibed" in it, and it stuck with me ever since. Years went by, I lost the albums and mostly forgot about the rest of that Bill Cosby comedy routine, but the other day I threw it into conversation and my girlfriend questioned me and and I couldn't really explain why I used the phrase or why it should be funny. I couldn't even remember what the routine was about or the context of the line, all I remebered at this ripe old age of 37, was that it was Bill Cosby's line. Well a few minutes ago, on a lark, I decided to try and find it online, and would you fucking believe that if you google

bill cosby "I hope that you are satisfied"

it pulls up a single search result which is a link to the complete routine. If you've never heard it before, it's a classic that you shouldn't miss. Many other comedians have stolen this routine. I can't think of any of them off the top of my head, but I know I've heard other versions of this by other comedians over the years. Everyone's got a dentist joke I guess. Anyway, you can check out : http://worldwordweb.com/listening/billcosbythedentist.mp3

2 Comments:

Blogger dj evol eno said...

Been a Cosby fan since i was a youngster (here in tally) as well. Actually found your blog due to some comments you posted on another blog about some old local bands. I've got loads of old Cosby on vinyl. Any chance you'd be up for trading for some old local tunes? I am hoping to find some old Spirex (other than the split vinyl record, got it already) and some K.R.M.

12:25 PM  
Blogger minorgod said...

Hey, is that Sean? You friended me a while back as 'DJ Evol Eno' and I didn't know who you were so I didn't reply. Hit me up via email (my first name@firstnamelastname.com) or Facebook me again and I'll send you that KRM stuff and see if I have any other Spirex I can trade.

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home