Monday, February 21, 2005

Hunter S. Thompson Dead. George Bush, still kicking.

I think the title pretty much sums up this little post. Hunter S. Thompson was the very first motivational factor that got me to pick up a pen and start writing. He was a man among cowards and hypocrites and today he lies dead by his own hand. At least, that's what it LOOKS like. I haven't gotten all the details yet, but if it's true and HST did kill himself on purpose I have just one question. Why the hell didn't today's headlines read "Hunter S. Thomson kills 87 in fiery deathstorm". How is it we live in a world where great men like HST cannot find the will to keep living, while somehow George Bush and Dick Cheney continue to sleep like babies by night and to visit their hateful wrath upon the world by day? It's always the wrong people who seem to kill themselves and leave the rest of us wondering why we even bother to care. I've personally known at least 4 people who have taken their own lives and each time I cannot help but wonder why the hell they didn't go on a shooting spree first. I mean, if you hate the world that much, and you plan on removing yourself from it anyway, why not take a few idiots with you? You could walk into virtually any public place and shoot in any direction and probably hit someone that deserved it. So, I'm adopting new policy. If you kill yourself without first making an attempt at visiting some kind of hateful vengeance upon the world that has so mistreated you, then you are a pussy and you deserve to die your meaningless, impotent little death. So fuck you Hunter, you psychotic little mouse. Good riddance. If you want to regain my respect now, there's only one option left for you...kill god.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home